Finance is a multi-billion competitive industry. The potential for profits in the industry is huge, but so is the competition. Thanks to digitization, a lot of new companies have entered the financial sector in the past five years. And that is why their marketing has to be good now more than ever.
There can be many marketing channels for financial institutions like offline advertisements, online advertisements, partnership marketing, etc. Undoubtedly, all of them give good returns on investments. But if there has to be one marketing channel that gives the highest ROI in the longest run, it is none other than content marketing. Financial content marketing requires organizations to create relevant content about their financial products and services. This is usually outsourced to financial content writing services.
What is Financial Content Writing and Marketing?
Financial content writing can be any piece of writing that educates your current customer or potential customer. The ‘education’ can be about your company, your services, any problem that is not directly attached with your product but revolves around it.
Usually, content writing services for financial companies include the following:
- Website content like your home page, about-us page, services page, sign-up pages, etc.
- SEO content like blogs and white papers
- New updates and news of the market
- Guiding manuals
- Investment guides
- Commentary or analysis on market trends
Almost all leading financial institutions across the world provide some educational content on their website and apps. In fact, there are many financial bodies whose main source of acquiring customers is their content. And this method of marketing is called content marketing.
Why Do Financial Companies Need Content Marketing?
Financial services are highly competitive and crowded industries. Financial industry professionals are facing some major challenges. With new regulations and new technologies, traditional methods of communicating with customers are not enough anymore. For staying relevant, financial institutions need to adopt a fresh marketing strategy – one that includes content marketing. Therefore, financial service companies must find a way to stand out in the market.
Content marketing allows financial organizations to
- Build trust through transparency;
- Connect with potential customers by answering their questions;
- Create ongoing customer loyalty;
- Generate leads quickly without much investment.
Content marketing is a powerful way to reach your audience, especially those in the financial industry. It can provide opportunities for engagement. They also allow companies to share their expertise with potential clients. Financial institutions can use content marketing strategies to create more human connections with their customers while still meeting compliance standards. With the right content, you can engage with individuals and help them make the right decisions about their finances. So how do you create effective and affordable content for the financial industry? And what are some ways you can use content marketing for your company? You can take assistance from a content writing service agency specializing in financial content writing and content marketing.
If you want your financial services company to succeed, it’s important that you utilize the power of content marketing now.
What makes content marketing for financial institutions better than other marketing channels is its unique set of benefits. If a company focuses on its content marketing, it can get the following benefits:
- More Traffic: The number of people visiting a company’s website can potentially make or break its business. The higher the traffic, the better the business. And search engine optimized (SEO) website content for finance websites is the best way to gain traffic.
- More Sales: Once the traffic increases, companies get the chance to convert that traffic into customers. And that also can be done through content marketing. You can educate your website visitors about the benefits of your products and how those products can make their lives better.
- Long-term Returns: Offline or online ads give a return on investment until you pay money for it. The returns stop a little time after you stop your ad campaign. But that is not the case with content marketing. One content marketing campaign can potentially give results for many years to come.
- Your Brand Voice: In this digital age, almost every product or service is given by 5-10 different companies. In such a case, what makes a business set apart from its competitors is the brand voice. And content writing helps a business most when it comes to the brand voice. Lately, blogs and emails have become a direct communication medium between customers and brands.
- Not-annoying: On a regular day, a person sees around 6,000 to 10,000 ads. Some of these ads are pleasurable to see, but most of them are plain annoying. Content marketing saves a business from being ‘annoying’ as it is the most non-invasive form of marketing. The customers themselves come to your website, get what they want, and buy a product or service if they feel like buying it. And the business booms when the customers are happy.
Who Requires Financial Content Writing Services?
By now, it is clear that financial content writing has a lot to give to financial companies. It has become the marketing strategy of choice for companies in many industries. However, the financial industry has struggled with content marketing because it is heavily regulated, and there are restrictions on what can be posted to social media. This can make it difficult for financial marketers to create engaging content that is both informative and relevant. How do you build trust with prospects and customers when such limitations exist? How do you use content marketing to inform and engage your audience when there are so many obstacles? These are some questions worth considering as you develop your content marketing strategy. But what type of financial companies are we talking about here? After all, the financial sector is huge, and there are a lot of different players in it.
Here is the list of financial entities that can potentially benefit from content writing:
- Banks and Neo-banks
- Investment Advisors
- Licensed insurance agents
- Day traders
- Mutual fund companies
- Personal finance coaches
- Credit and debt consultants
The Bottom Line:
Content marketing is an opportunity that is too good to be missed. If you are a financial company – small or big – you must utilize content marketing. If you do not take advantage at the right time, the chances are that your competitor will.
Most businesses do not have free time or focus on doing it themselves. If that is the case with you, you can outsource this must-do task to a finance content writer or a content writing services agency that specializes in financial content writing. Content writing services have a team of experienced professionals who can write website content, blog posts, emails, and other marketing material for your company. Financial content writers have the necessary expertise and experience to create content that communicates your message to your customers.
Rashmi Singh is a freelance content contributor at Content Assistant. Content Assistant is a content writing service firm that provides businesses with all types of content solutions for the finance industry. She has 5+ years of experience, has served 50+ happy clients from different business niches.